Say hello to open-source serverless highly-distributed load testing at scale.
What we have here is a load test that starts at 25k requests per second and ramps up to >200k requests per second over about 3 minutes. That's not the interesting part though. What's more interesting than the raw numbers is that:
- The test is highly distributed and scalable - we can scale out horizontally to 400k RPS, 1m RPS or more with little effort
- It runs with Artillery so you have access to all of the powerful features of Artillery like scenarios with multiple steps and request chains, multiple protocols, plugins and extensions and so on
- All of the metrics are aggregated automatically and in a statistically-sound way
- It's running on AWS Lambda and is fully serverless and AWS-native. There is no infra to manage
- Running this for 10 minutes costs about $4
Pretty neat, isn't it?
Oh and the best thing - it's completely open source, and built right into the Artillery CLI.