Artillery Pro Security Policy
Reporting an issue
Thank you for taking the time to responsibly disclose the issues you find.
All security bugs in Artillery Pro should be reported by email to email@example.com. This list is delivered to a subset of the core team who handle security issues. Your email will be acknowledged within 24 hours, and you'll receive a more detailed response to your email within 2 business days indicating the next steps in handling your report.
This email address receives a large amount of spam, so be sure to use a descriptive subject line to avoid having your report be missed. After the initial reply to your report, the security team will endeavor to keep you informed of the progress being made towards a fix and full announcement. As recommended by RFPolicy, these updates will be sent at least every five days.
Artillery Pro has a four step disclosure policy:
- The security report is received and is assigned a primary handler. This person will coordinate the fix and release process. The problem is confirmed and a list of all affected versions is determined. Code is audited to find any potential similar problems. Fixes are prepared for all releases which are still under maintenance.
- A suggested embargo date for this vulnerability is chosen and a CVE is assigned for the vulnerability.
- On the embargo date a new version of Artillery Pro is made available for download and customers are sent an advisory via email with a description of the vulnerability and its mitigation, along with upgrade instructions. Within 6 hours, a copy of the advisory is published on the offical Artillery blog.
- Typically the embargo date will be set 72 hours from the time the CVE is issued. However, this may vary depending on the severity of the bug or difficulty in applying a fix.
- This process can take some time, especially when coordination is required with maintainers of other projects. Every effort will be made to handle the bug in as timely a manner as possible and to ensure that the disclosure is handled in a consistent manner.
Comments or Feedback on This Policy
If you have any suggestions to improve this policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.